Regulations of Make-A-Wish Greece
Who can receive a wish?
Children who are at least 3 years of age, but have not yet reached their 18th birthday, may be referred to Make-A-Wish Greece. A child’s treating physician will determine if the child is medically eligible for a wish, based on the medical criteria established by Make-A-Wish.
Make-A-Wish International follows specific policies and guidelines for granting a child’s wish. Make-A-Wish takes into consideration all factors as they relate to the wish and the wish child, and then plans the wish accordingly.
What can a child wish for?
The wishing child may ask whatever he deeply desires, whatever it will inspire him to smile and will give him the strength to continue fighting for his life.
Since the only restriction is the child’s imagination, Make-A-Wish Greece covers a wide range of wishes, and is governed by a multilevel organization to achieve its purpose, to transform the life of a child
What we can’t do
Make-A-Wish Greece follows specific policies and guidelines in order to guarantee our integrity and reliability. That’s why we have set some specific restrictions:
- We make no distinction on the sex, nationality, religion, social or economic status of children who desire to make a Wish
- We never give money and we do not bear the cost of medical treatments
- We do not take over Home Wishes related to renting, buying, or renovating
- We do not grant wishes for cars, motorcycles or anything else that can be dangerous for children
- We do not fulfill more than one Wish in the same child and we cannot fulfill a Wish of a child if it has already been fulfilled by another country Make-A-Wish
- We cannot organize trips abroad because of the economic crisis that our country is experiencing. But with the thought of continuing to fulfill our Wishes to all the children who ask for it, we organize trips within Greece
Make-A-Wish Greece strongly believes that every child is unique and his wish is treated equally uniquely and magically. We give our best in order to accomplish an unprecedented and unforgettable experience for the child, as unforgettable and priceless is the smile and the glow we admire in his eyes each and every time we fulfill a Wish.